Freshen up ‘Taco Tuesday’ with Fun Tropical flavours ???
- 440g can pineapple pieces in juice
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g pork mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cups of Ranchero Smoky Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 gem lettuces, leaves separated
Drain pineapple over a bowl. Reserve juice. Finely dice pineapple. Combine pineapple, chilli and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 1/3 cups of Ranchero Smoky Chipotle Sauce, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook tortillas, 1 at a time, for 10 seconds each side or until browned and heated through, adding a little extra oil to pan if needed.
Divide lettuce, mince mixture and pineapple salsa among tortillas. Serve sprinkled with extra coriander.